Work in Progress.
I thought it might be easier to separate my memories of each side of my family, since they were different and there weren't any large or memorable events where families co-mingled.
===
My first memories of my father's side of the family are pretty vague. I don’t know why I would think I would have far more impressionable memories.
My fathers side was larger than my mothers and there were a lot more kids, so this was a totally different experience growing up. It allowed me to act more childish than I normally could.
The Stebbins all used to live within a couple miles of each other. My grandma lived in the same house on Moss Rd for 50 plus years, she lived in that house for 30 years after grandpa Stebbins passed, which must've been rough and I never appreciated how empty a home could feel until I got older.
===
My dad's oldest brother, uncle Dave lived a couple miles away on Middlebrook Dr.
We cut down trees, helped get ready to install their above ground pool. I remember trying to cut a tree with an axe and it was impossible for me. Maybe it was a splitting maul or maybe I was weak or the blade was dull, but I recall I was bummed to learn I didn't have what I takes, lol
===
My first memories of uncle Mike and his kids are of them living on Starling Rd, we used to go over all the time and have sleep overs. I'm pretty sure they had an above ground pool here. They had a long backyard, so we were able to play whiffle ball and soccer all the time.
and then moved next door to Grandma Stebbins on Moss Rd. Aunt Anne owned the house prior. It seemed like living close to family was what everyone did back then. Aunt Anne had one of those pianos that could also play itself. I can’t recall how many family parties we went to while she lives there, but I also recall Suzie living there for years.
Now families aren't as close and corporations ruin everything.
===
Aunt Mary is younger than my dad by a few years, she didn't have kids until we were older, she lived with grandma Stebbins, though eventually moved to Huntington, MA near where they hold the Westfield Wild River race, though I never stopped to visit. I never felt that close to aunt Mary.
===
My dads younger sibling, my uncle Mark lived on Plum St. I used to think the woods setting wall-paper they had in their living room looked awesome and I thought it was the coolest that their basement opened up to the woods, but I never got to explore. At one point I recall them trying to fill in some of the back yard. There was a slope that led down to a ravine, but I'm not sure if it was from the old stream course or the natural shape of the area.
We used to go over my grandparents house on Moss Road all the time, not just for family events, we went over randomly to visit all the time and would drive by and stop to say hi if someone was outside.
===
We held family picnics at a couple different locations over the years, Look Memorial Park in Northampton and at the Hampden memorial park in Hampden, they used to call it the rec or recreation area.
I'm not sure if we started at Look and then changed to Hampden, but we went to Look a few times and I went back with Laura for a visit as an adult in 2014 or 2015.
Look park was awesome, there was a river that flowed right next to the picnic area, there was also a dam or break to slow water down so we could walk across and toss food at the fish. They had a trolley or train like forest park in Springfield, though I don't recall going on it. There's also a zoo there and paddle boats you can rent.
Going to the Hampden Rec was different, maybe it was because they had the softball fields right there and the playground. When we were younger we played kickball, this was one of the few games where we could get almost the whole family involved, whether watching or playing. We used to all gather to watch and support who was playing at the time.
1980's
My dad and uncle Mark were coaches for our soccer team for a few years, uncle Mike helped, I feel like we were really lucky to have a dad that was so active in our lives, though my getting sick and appearing to slack caused friction in our relationship, I can’t complain to much, we do the best with what we have, plus I got to play on a team with my brother and cousin Joey, that was awesome.
We went to countless birthday parties. all my cousins and I got dragged along to the adult events. I can hear people telling us to settle down as I write this
Dad worked at Hoppe tool in Chicopee and I'm pretty sure his friend Rick Morin worked here too. We only had one car for years, so we got to drop him off and pick him up on numerous occasions.
===
Rick Morin
I guess my dad met him when they moved to Springfield in 1972 and they became life-long best friends.
Rick’s parents lived on Partridge?
Rick and Lynn lived about a mile from us on Davenport St. I thought they had the coolest basement because it had a big rock in the floor, but looking back that must have sucked and limited its use, but as a kid I didn’t think about that and just wanted to race Hot Wheels down it.
We made multiple visits to RIck’s house, his parents and to Bald Mountain Campground, since Rick’s parents, brothers Bob and Tom, plus his sister Michelle camped there too.
My brother and I even went to visit my dad when he stayed alone at Rick’s camper alone. This had to have been 2007?
My dad bought his own camper by the river there around 2008, when he was dating Mary or just before her.
My dad bought a house up the street from Rick in West Warren in 2010? My dad used to grab a paper and go over Rick’s house almost every Sunday, before coming home, pretending to clean the garage and needing a nap. Lol
===
I'm not sure if it was Hoppe or another shop, but we got to go to a couple annual picnics and remember it being very exciting. Rick Moran's brother Bob? also worked at that shop and his kids Jen and Nick
1986
Stebbins family VHS tapes on YouTube
https://youtu.be/3LpO2Ft8zCQ?si=DSgRuRkiFkpCHrew
I remember Grandma Stebbins had a display case in her living room with these little German figures and a shell that I had bought her when we went on a family trip to SeaWorld. For some reason, we were never really close, I wanted to buy her a gift while we were down there, and I loved seeing it in her display case, it made me feel like what I did held some importance. It was a pink and white seashell.
We only got to go visit Great Grandma Stebbins a few times, she lived over on Crystal Avenue in Springfield.
Going over my grandparents house in Moss Road already felt super exciting and like it was the greatest time of my life, all our cousins were over there all the time, and then when my cousins moved in next-door to my grandparents, Grandmother and aunt Mary. Man, I’m gonna have to fix this. This is terrible, but it’s a Start.
When I was just a kid, I was full of endless optimism and always super happy to see my grandfather when I started going to OLSH, Our Lady Sacred Heart. He was a janitor there, he also set up for bingo and did the plowing.
1987
I remember I used to purposely get in trouble so that I could get detention and stay after and set up for bingo with him.
I was devastated when he died in 1988, and I didn’t get to see him in the hospital either.
1988
Grandpa David Stebbins Born August 20, 1934, Died March-10-1988
Bronx Zoo
Sometime around here Dad got a job at ABC appliances driving around fixing stuff at people's homes.
1989
I can't recall when we started going and when or why we stopped, but I love going to the craft fairs that they would hold in the OLSH school gym. Grandpa Pete always had a table and sold his wooden toys.
===
Bowling, ice skating and roller skating trips all the time.
Camping at DAR with cousins and friends
Air shows with cousins.
Family picnics in Westfield at grandma Stebbins sisters house, Barbara Slate.
Agawam Sportsman club on Corey St, Agawam.
1990's
Dad started working at Sears doing appliance repair. He worked both in the basement at the mall and drove a van making house calls for a while.
Misquamicut beach trips always led us to the docks for lobsters and then back to Moss Rd. the people that stayed would prep everything, so we just had to boil stuff when we arrived.
These events felt epic as a child. we'd play Frisbee golf down the hill at Mary Lynch, even now I can picture myself standing on top of the hill, looking down at the side walk, which was always our first target.
===
Uncle Norman Stebbins would bring his grill to the family picnics, though I think Grandpa Stebbins used to bring the grill or a grill before he passed.
===
Uncle Dave worked for Smith and Wesson until he hurt his back, then went to school for electronics.
Uncle Mike worked at American Saw in East Longmeadow and then did some sales job from home, Aunt Mary also worked at American Saw for a time around the 80’s and 90’s time period..
I think uncle Mark worked roofing with his friend Tom B from high school, their buddy John also played indoor soccer with the family team.
1992
Misquamicut beach this year
This year we took different vehicles and used the CB radios to talk to each other while driving. I was such a dork, the movie Universal Soldier had just come out and I wanted that to be my handle. My uncle Mark kept calling me Boy and Toy Soldier, lol
I can't remember how many years we went to the beach, only a couple events. One time I sliced the bottom of my foot on something, I still have the scar. another I got a sun bun across my lower back, right above my rear-end. I had tan over most of my body, but when I spent hours bent over looking for shells, I exposed a not so tan strip, so the sun cooked it for me. lol The ride home that year was very painful.
==
Being just too young to play indoor soccer sucked. I wanted to be a part of the action, not just watch. Thankfully, I did get to play a season or two.. When I finally did get to play, I started feeling weak, like those small fields were bigger than they were. lol I also recall being afraid to hurt myself while diving in the goal area, lol, which didn't help us win any games.
We also had a family softball team for a few years. The Mohawk Arrows. We were always lacking a few players every week, but I still loved going and socializing, plus it was a chance to show what I had to those around me. lol I sucked, but it was still a blast.
1996
Great-Grandma Stebbins was born March 2, 1905. Died January 9, 1996
Dance at the Agawam Sportsman Club. Joey and I bouncing around like the Bushwackers to that song, " I Would Walk 500 Miles". This was at one of the very few dances they held there. I brought Mindy, and Joey brought Heather. I also think our girls' friends came when there was a birthday party for Aunt Donna; Uncle Dave ordered her a male stripper, and this ripped guy came in and was showing off and did some really cool balance work. Since I can't stand on my hands, it really screws with my balance; I remember being both embarrassed and highly impressed at his skill.
1997
I think this is the only time I really remember going to Great Grandma Picard-Lafskina house on Florida St in Agawam.
I remember taking a Polaroid with my daughter Samantha, dad, Grandma Stebbins, and thinking it was something special for her to meet her great-great-grandmother.
That was the only time I went to visit. I'm pretty sure this is the time I got to check out Grandpa Pete's "Ulyses Gaudreau) workshop, but I don't recall him being there. It's 2026 now and I can't recall when he passed away.
1998
worked with uncle Mark at Bradco
1999
February 12, 1999 Great-grandma
2007
2008
2010
Dad bought a house in West Warren.
2019?
I took Dom to one family event at Dad's work Mazak in Connecticut. It was pretty cool We got to see multiple different machine in action and a few that were being repaired or made to look like they were being taking apart for display purposes.
I also got to go on one deep sea fishing trip that his work held for their employee's, but I can't recall when that was.
2022
My dad passed away in June from cancer.
===
Richard Louis Stebbins Jr 1978,
parents Richard and Linda Stebbins, siblings, Robert aka Bobby 1980 and Katherine aka Kathy 1984,
grandparents David and Elizabeth Stebbins, James and Francis Landers
Children: Samantha Stebbins-1997, Nathan 1999, Dietrich Gomes-2003.
Katherine aka Kathy had a son with Kirk Intelisano: Dominic aka Dom Intelisano Stebbins 2006, he has a half Brother Anthony Intelisano
Robert Stebbins married Erica Forni had 3 kids Lillian, Luke and Lacey
===
DAD's side
Grandpa David Stebbins married Grandma Elizabeth Picard had 5 kids David Jr, Michael, Richard, Mark and Mary
Elizabeth Picard had twin sister, Barbera Picard later Slate
Richard Louis Stebbins Sr 1959-01-25, married to Linda Ann Landers, parents David and Elizabeth Stebbins, brother to (my aunt and uncles) David Jr, Michael, Mary and Mark Stebbins, in 1978, divorced 1999 (I think)
===
David Stebbins Jr married to Donna Stebbins aka aunt Donna parents David and Elizabeth Stebbins, siblings Michael, Richard, Mary and Mark Stebbins, children (my first cousins) Jeremy 1977 and Andrea 1980 these are my first cousins
Middlebrook Dr, Softball team, family picnics, Ford Bronco, 4th of July family parties with cousins, Misquamicut, D.A.R., Air Shows,
===
Michael Stebbins Sr married to Sandra Stebbins aka Aunt Sandy, parents David and Elizabeth Stebbins, siblings David Jr, Richard, Mary and Mark Stebbins,
children (my first cousins) Michael Jr 1975, Steven 1976, Joseph aka Joey 1979, Kenneth aka Kenny 1982. these are my first cousins
===
Mary Stebbins aka aunt Mary, parents David and Elizabeth Stebbins, married uncle Gary ? brothers/siblings David Jr, Michael, Richard and Mark Stebbins.
===
Mark Stebbins Sr aka uncle Mark married Sue aka aunt Sue, parents David and Elizabeth Stebbins, siblings David Jr, Michael, Richard and Mary Stebbins.
children (my first cousins) Marcy 1985, Mark Jr 1987 and Mathew 1988 these are my first cousins
-FRIENDS-
Brian Small
Aimee Walsh
Katrina Clayton
Dennis Denault
Charles Gi
David Fennyery
Steven Fennyery
Sister lol Fennyery
Ronny Fennyery
Vera Fennyery
Edward Snyder sr
Edward Snyder jr aka Eddie
Mark Festa- tax guy also
-Therapist-
Brian Wade
~Teachers~
OLSH
Sister Winnie principal
Sister Margret computer science across street.
Mrs Cope
Mrs white
Mrs Benoit
Mr Kohrhamer- Raced the Westfield Wild water Canoe race with his Daughter Dara one year 2008?
Sister Mary or Fatima
-Tae Kwon Do Teacher-
Chang Choi
-Putnam-
Coach Fenton
Coach Christopher
Mr Flint principal
===
Bryan D. Stebbins: Newspaper Obituary and Death Notice
Union-News (Springfield, MA) - Saturday, January 25, 2003
Deceased Name: Bryan D. Stebbins
1962 - 2003
WEST SPRINGFIELD - Bryan D. Stebbins 40, of Westfield Street died Tues. at home. He was born in Springfield and has lived in this area all of his life. He was a burrhand at Parts, Tool, and Die in Agawam for the last 8 yrs. He was a member of the Agawam Sportsman Club. He leaves his fiancee' Kathleen Carter of West Spfld.; his father, Norman Stebbins of Agawam; his sister, Lisa Strong of North Carolina; and he was predeceased by his mother Beverly (Baj) Stebbins. He also leaves his step-mother, Pauline Most of Agawam; his step-brothers, John Favreau of CT, and Bill Favreau of West Spfld.; his very good friends, Debbie and Aziz Elias, Jeff Macri, Kathleen Henderson, and his best friend Bill; along with many aunts, uncles, and cousins. The Funeral Service will be at 7 p.m. Monday at Toomey-O'Brien Funeral Home, 1043 Westfield St., West Spfld. Burial will be at the convenience of the family. Calling hours will precede the service from 5-7 p.m. on Monday at the funeral home. Memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, 30 Speen St., Framingham, MA 01701, or to the Shriners Hospital for Children, 516 Carew St., Spfld., MA 01104.
Brian's sister Lisa Strong can be found under 67997297
===
Lisa Strong: Newspaper Obituary and Death NoticeSunday Republican (Springfield, MA) - Sunday, June 1, 2003Deceased Name: Lisa Strong1963 - 2003WEST SPRINGFIELD - Lisa Strong, 39, passed away on April 30th, 2003. In memory of a good woman and extraordinary person, Lisa Strong. Lisa will live on through her loving husband, Philip Strong; her heartbroken children, Mistydawn Strong, James Strong, and Amberbrook Strong, all of West Springfield. She also leaves her beloved father, Norman Stebbins of West Springfield. For all the days of our lives, and all the prayers spoken, you will always be remembered and cherished. You were a true blessing from God,
Left by Lisa Johnson Davis on 10 May 2015
===
*The last time I recall hanging around with Misty was running into her while downtown with Sandy from CT in early 2005. I can’t recall exactly what happened but somehow Sandy and I got split up and since I didn’t have a cell phone there was no way to get in contact with anyone. I can’t recall what location I met Misty at but we ended up chatting and I recall her crying when talking about her mom and uncle Brian passing away. She and her friends were nice enough to give me a ride home.
I had stopped going to the family picnic for a couple years after there “not being enough room” on the softball team, but I can’t recall when now*
=
MistyDawn Strong Obituary
MistyDawn Strong 1982 - 2010 WEST SPRINGFIELD - MistyDawn Strong, 28 died Sunday, Feb. 14, 2010 in North Carolina after a sudden illness. Born Feb. 1, 1982 in Springfield, she was the daughter of Phil Strong and the late Lisa Stebbins Strong. She was an Honors graduate of Dean Tech High School and later received a Degree in Business Management and Bookkeeping. In addition to her father, she is survived by her beautiful daughter, Alixie, her fiance, Luis Perez, and his daughters, Lilly and Layla; her brother, James R. Strong, his wife Stacy and their children, Avalee and Avery; her sister, Amberbrook Strong, and her daughters, Lisalynn and Kyleymarie; her step-mother Doreen Strong, and her sons Joseph, Jason and Timothy; and many friends that were family to her. MistyDawn enjoyed her job at Chili's in Forest City, NC, and the many friendships she made there. She was goal oriented and never backed from anything, had a love of archery and most importantly, loved her daughter and fiance unconditionally. She will be remembered as our guardian angel looking over us. MistyDawn's funeral will be held Saturday, June 26, 2010, 1:00pm at the Mittineague Congregational Church, West Springfield, followed by burial in Paucatuck Cemetery.
===
Norman Stebbins Obituary
April 2016?
Norman Charles Stebbins, 78, formerly of Main Street passed away Saturday at Holyoke Hospital. He was born in Springfield on April 15th, 1937 to the late Athanase and Marie (St. Marie) Stebbins. He lived in Springfield most of his life and was a graduate of Springfield Trade high School. Norman worked as a Springfield Firefighter for over twenty years and he retired in 1993. He also owned and operated Mohawk Arrows which manufactured hand crafted arrows. He was a U.S. Air Force Veteran and served during the Korean conflict. He was a member of Agawam Sportsman’s Club and the former West Spfld./Agawam Elks Club. Norman was predeceased by his first wife Beverly (Baj) Stebbins and later by his second wife Pauline (Most) Stebbins. He was also predeceased by his two children, Bryan Stebbins and Lisa Strong. He was the beloved stepfather of Doug Favreau of VT, William Favreau of Vero Beach, FL, John Favreau of Montrose, NY, and Judy Riel of Palmer, loving brother of Keri Stebbins of Spfld., Susan McCarthy of Spfld., and Ellen Labonte of Chicopee, caring brother-in-law of Betty and Ann Stebbins, both of Springfield, devoted grandfather of Amber and James Stebbins and the late Misty Dawn Stebbins, and other grandchildren, cherished great grandfather of several, and he also leaves several nieces and nephews. There will be a Funeral Home Service Wed. at 7 PM at the TOOMEY-O’BRIEN FUNERAL HOME, 1043 Westfield Street, West Springfield. Calling hours will precede the service Wed. from 5-7 PM. There will be a Committal Service Thurs. at 1 PM at the Massachusetts Veterans’ Memorial Cemetery, 1390 Main Street, Agawam. In lieu of flowers donations in Norman’s name may be made to the Holyoke Soldier’s Home, 110 Cherry Street, Holyoke, MA 01040. For more information please visit www.toomeyobrien.com.
===
David Stebbins Obituary
David A. Stebbins, Jr. died peacefully in Springfield on November 22 at the age of 58. Son of Elizabeth (Picard) and the late David Stebbins. Survived by beloved wife Donna (Steele) Stebbins of Springfield. Devoted father of Jeremy and Hilarie (Darling) Stebbins of Ludlow and Andrea Stebbins of Feeding Hills. Loving Boppa/Papa to Andre Bernatchez, Jr., Delaney and Hailey Stebbins, and Nicholas Malafronte. Brother to Mike and Sandy Stebbins of Springfield, Rick Stebbins and Sue Weagle of West Warren, Mark and Sue Stebbins of Springfield, Mary Ellen and Gary Westcott of Russell. Dave was born on July 13, 1956 in Plattsburgh, NY, attended Springfield Technical High School and received an Associates Degree in Electronic Engineering from STCC. He married his high school sweetheart in 1976 and soon began the family that kept the twinkle in his blue eyes. A quiet and loyal man with a mischievous sense of humor, Dave was happiest surrounded by family that included his friends at Prospect Mtn. Campground, his classic car pals and motorcycle buddies. Favorite days were spent playing guitar on his camper deck overlooking a pond, 71 GTO parked nearby, accompanied by the laughter of the children who lit up his life and carry on Davids unique spirit and legacy. Visiting hours Saturday, November 29 from 11am-2pm at the Agawam Funeral Home, 184 Main St. Agawam, with a memorial service beginning at 2pm.
===
Elizabeth Stebbins Obituary
Elizabeth A. (Betty) Stebbins, age 85, passed away surrounded by her loving family on Tues, Aug 24, 2021. She was born in Ludlow on Apr 26, 1936 to the late Louis and Mary (Lafskina) Picard. She was a graduate of Agawam High School and later worked for Digital for many years. Betty and her husband, with their children, traveled extensively as an Air Force Family for 20 years. Then they settled back in Springfield in 1972 where they became parishioners of Our Lady of the Scared Heart Church in Springfield and volunteered at all the Bingo nights. She enjoyed crocheting in her free time. Betty was predeceased by her husband David A. Stebbins Sr., and her son, David A. Stebbins Jr. She leaves her daughter, Mary Westcott and her husband Garrett of Russell; three sons, Michael Stebbins Sr. and his wife Sandra of FL, Richard Stebbins Sr. and his wife Susan of Warren, MA, Mark Stebbins Sr. and his wife Susan of FL and daughter in law Donna Stebbins of Springfield; her identical twin sister, Barbara Slate of Feeding Hills; 17 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren and 2 great great grandchildren. A Visiting Hour will be held on Fri, Aug 27, 2021 from 10 am to 11 am at Sampson Chapel of the Acres 21 Tinkham Rd. Springfield with a funeral home service to begin at 11 am. Burial will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
===
Richard Stebbins Obituary
Richard L. Stebbins Sr, 63, of West Warren passed at his home with his family by his side on June 13th. He was born January 22nd, 1959 in Chicopee to the late David and Elizabeth (Picard) Stebbins. Richard worked in technical support and field service for Mazak Corp. Richard will be remembered for his generosity, his musical talents playing the mandolin and guitar, fishing, and metal detecting. Richard also had a knack for collecting coins and never met a cookie he didn’t like. He is forever in the hearts of his family including his wife Susan; his children Ricky Stebbins, Bobby Stebbins and his wife Erica, and Kathy Stebbins, as well as their mother Linda Stebbins. Richard also leaves his step children Candyce Weagle and her fiancĂ© Joe Resseguie, Christopher Weagle, James Weagle, and Adam Cooper and his wife Kim; his siblings Mike Stebbins and his wife Sandy, Mary Westcott and her husband Gary, Mark Stebbins and his wife Sue, and sister in law Donna Stebbins In addition to his parents, he was predeceased by his brother David. He leaves his eight grandchildren: Dominic, Lily, Lucas, Lacey, Charlotte, Madeline, Clarice, and Colton; his very dear friend Rick Morin and his wife Diane Hollyer; as well as many other extended family and friends. Family and friends will gather at Sampson’s Chapel of the Acres, 21 Tinkahm Rd Springfield on Saturday June 25th from 10am-1pm for a period of visitation, a funeral home service will follow at 1pm.
===
Freddy Stebbins Obituary
Frederick (Freddy) “Keri” Stebbins, 86 of Springfield died July 8, 2022, at home surrounded by his loving family. He was born on January 30, 1936, to the late Athanase and Marie (St. Marie) Stebbins. Freddy was a graduate from Trade High School and then went on to serve his country in the United States Air Force. After returning from his military service, he married the love of his life, his wife and best friend Anna (DiNoia) Stebbins. Freddy was a person who lived his life helping other people, after his military service he joined the Springfield Fire Department, after 31 years of service he retired with badge # 1. Freddy loved spending time at Cape Cod with his family, traveling, especially on a cruise ship. He was a musician playing in such bands as the Starlight’s touring in Florida and Cape Cod. Freddy had many carriers he was also a barber, mason, and a paramedic. He and his wife before her passing were members of the Pioneer Valley Pride Group. Freddy was predeceased by his siblings David Stebbins, Norman Stebbins, Charlotte Parker, Ruth Ferrera and Ann Marie Moller. Freddy “Keri” is survived by his son Scott Stebbins and his wife Lisa, his son David Stebbins and his wife Melissa, his son Paul Stebbins, his daughter Rachelle “Shelly” Thomas and her husband Casey, his sisters’ Ellen Labonte and Susan McCarthy; as well as his twelve grandchildren. Visitation will be on Thursday July 14, 2022, from 10am to 12noon at Sampson Family Chapels 21 Tinkham Rd. Springfield MA 01129. Followed by a Service directly at the funeral home at 12noon, followed by Burial Rites and Military Honor’s at Gate of Heaven Cemetery 421 Tinkham Rd. Springfield MA 01129.
===
Kenneth James Stebbins Obituary
Kenneth James Stebbins, 42, passed away unexpectedly March 17, 2025. Born October 27, 1982 in Springfield, MA, he was the son of Michael A. and Sandra (Duquette) Stebbins. Ken was a 2000 graduate of Sci Tech High School in Springfield. He was employed with Bradco/ABC and most recently was branch manager at Heritage Wholesalers. A devoted father and loving husband, Ken had a deep passion for playing guitar/bass and had been in a variety of bands including Mad Planet, Back Ally and Dirty Joe. He also enjoyed gaming in his free time, but his greatest joy, was spending time with his family. Ken was known for his infectious smile and playful sarcastic sense of humor and was the life of every party, bringing joy and laughter to all who knew him. His presence will be dearly missed by his family and friends. In addition to his parents, Ken is survived by his wife Jessica (Manarite) Stebbins; children Michael, Anthony and Carleigh Stebbins; brothers Michael Stebbins and his wife, Charlene of Ludlow, MA, Steven Stebbins and his wife, Jennifer of Enfield, CT, Joseph Stebbins and his wife, Amanda of East Longmeadow, MA, Nathan Clairmont and his wife, Shara of Enfield, CT and Jamie Kickery of North Adams, MA. He also leaves his sisters-in-law Roxann and Justina Manarite; brother-in-law Joseph Manarite; nieces and nephews Savanna, Chase, Averi, Tyler, Macey, Sampson, Grace, Love, Avah and Alyviah; and other loving family and countless friends. A Celebration of Life ceremony for Ken will be held at 11AM on Wednesday, March 26, 2025 at Forastiere Smith Funeral & Cremation, 220 N. Main St., East Longmeadow, MA. Calling hours will be held from 4-7PM on Tuesday, March 25th and also from 10-11AM on Wednesday, March 26th at the funeral home. A private burial will be held at the convenience of his family. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Kens name to https://www.gofundme.com/f/tj8eac-the-stebbins-family. For online condolences please visit www.forastiere.com.
===
Barbara May Slate Obituary
Barbara May (Picard) Slate, 89, of Agawam, passed away peacefully on November 4, 2025. Born on April 26, 1936, in Ludlow, Massachusetts, she was predeceased by both of her parents Louis Picard and Mary (Lafskina) Picard.
Barbara was a 1954 graduate of Agawam High School. That same year, on October 5, 1954, she married Ames Harry Slate Jr., with whom she shared many years before his passing. They lived in Southwick and raised eight children there.
She worked at Digital as a spot welder for over thirty years. She also worked at Pratt & Whitney, and Energy Beam Sciences, although she held a few other positions elsewhere.
Barbara was predeceased by her beloved twin sister, Elizabeth Stebbins, and her brother, Louis Picard.
She was the devoted mother of eight children: Nancy Slate of Georgia, Susan Fuchs (and her husband Christopher) of North Carolina, Janet Slate of Massachusetts, Ames Slate III (and his wife Deborah) of Massachusetts, Pauline Michaud (and her husband Don) of Florida, Robert Slate (and his wife Wiona) of Massachusetts, Barbara Billings (and her husband Glenn) of Massachusetts, and Beverly Slate Condon of Connecticut. She was a proud grandmother to 21 grandchildren and a great-grandmother to 30 great-grandchildren. Additionally, she is already greatly missed by her longtime faithful roommate/cat, Rusty.
Barbara’s greatest happiness came from spending time with her family. She loved visiting the casino, going to tag-sales, playing bingo and cards, and crocheting beautiful pieces for those she loved. She also enjoyed watching Blue Bloods, Family Feud, the Hallmark Channel and the Patriots. Her wit, laughter, strength, and warmth will be deeply missed but forever remembered.
Family and friends are invited to celebrate Barbara’s life at Forastiere in Southwick on Sunday November 9 from 11-2, with a service at the funeral home at 2:00, followed by private burial at New Cemetery in Southwick.
===
Jessica Manarite Stebbins Obituary
Jessica Manarite Stebbins, 42, of Springfield, MA, passed away on November 16, 2025, surrounded by her family and loved ones. Born on February 20, 1983, in Springfield, she was the cherished daughter of Carla Manarite and Timothy Murray. Jess was a 2000 graduate of Sci-Tech High School in Springfield and went on to earn a bachelor’s degree in mass communications from Westfield State College, as well as a degree in Early Childhood Education. Her love of learning and teaching was evident throughout her life, both professionally and at home.
Jessica spent many years at KinderCare, sharing her warmth and creativity with the children in her care. A devoted mother and wife, she treasured family moments—whether enjoying Mexican food, feeling the sand between her toes at the beach, savoring a margarita, or exploring new destinations on vacation. She was known for her radiant smile, her creative talents, and her gift for making ordinary weekends feel extraordinary when shared with family and friends.
Jessica was predeceased by her beloved husband, Kenneth Stebbins. She leaves behind her children, Michael, Anthony, and Carleigh Stebbins; her sisters, Justina and Roxann Manarite; her brother, Joseph Manarite; sisters-in-law, Jennifer, Amanda, Charlene, and Shara Stebbins; brothers-in-law, Steven, Michael, and Joseph Stebbins, Nathan Clairmont, and Jaime Kickery; nieces and nephews, Alyviah, Avah, Love, Savanna, Chase, Averi, Tyler, Macey, Sampson, and Grace; other loving family members and countless friends, including her close-knit circle of friends known as the J Tribe. Jessica’s warmth, laughter, and generous spirit touched everyone she met, and her memory will live on in the hearts of all who knew her.
A Celebration of Life for Jessica will be held at 11:00 AM on Friday, November 21, 2025, at Forastiere Smith Funeral & Cremation, 220 N. Main St., East Longmeadow, MA. Calling hours will be held from 4:00–7:00 PM on Thursday, November 20, 2025, and from 10:00–11:00 AM on Friday, November 21, 2025, at the funeral home. Burial for both Jessica and Kenneth will follow the services on Friday in Hillcrest Park Cemetery, Springfield. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in honor of Jessica Manarite Stebbins to the Stebbins Family Trust to benefit her children. Checks can be made payable to LPL Financial. For online condolences, please visit www.forastiere.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment