1993 10th Grade Football

 1993 

 I think it was January that her stepfather found out that we had slept together. This guy was a huge ex Marine. He wanted to have a talk, so one time when I went over for a visit, we went for a drive and a car wash on the corner of North Main St. and Westwood Ave, up the street in East Long Meadow. 

I remember he said he was shocked that I came over to talk, but I didn't know that avoiding the conversation was an option. lol

He ended up giving me a left-handed bow at the time, we used to shoot bow and arrow at the Agawam Sportsman's club. So I thought that was awesome. 

I wasn't big into fooling around as a kid, but my girlfriends always were. I thought that's what you were supposed to do. lol


Bill Clinton President

I don't know why I remember this being such big news, I really thought that he was gonna make a difference. his presidency ended up being a joke.

World Trade Center Bombing February 26


This was event, this is my first memory of any type of terror event happening in the United States or anywhere for that matter, I don't remember focusing on thinking about bombing or extremists back in the 80s or 90s.





4-5-1993 p1



4-5-1993 p2



4-7-1993






June/July

I went to go see Jurassic, just my dad and I. I remember listening to that song Jump (for my love) by the Pointer Sisters, on the way the Theater in West Springfield, I remember being more interested in listening to my music, than I was talking to my father about the movie or dinosaurs at that moment.

Looking back I was super high energy at this time and I was not living in the moment. I think my Dad read the Jurassic Park books, he liked to read.

(It sucks, I wish I got to see the 2022 Jurassic Park movie with my dad, but he passed away from cancer before we could) 

I think about this stuff a lot, I feel like it's more than I like to admit. Whenever I see a dinosaur toy that reminds me of the movies, a commercial or a novel, I feel like there always something to remind me of the past. I started writing this in 2025 and there was another Jurassic movie released to stir those memoires.


August


I signed up for football and even went to a few practices I believe. Then while camping at the DAR state forest at the end of August, I was running around with the rest of the kids, then twisted my ankle, after jumping over a log and landing on a rock that was sticking up at an angle.

I think this is the same trip where I was jumping on the trampoline and then an adult told us to stop jumping in the dark and I tried to jump and run off into the night, but I ended up totally missing the edge, I somehow landed flat onto the ground, knocking the wind knocked out of myself, then forced to get up and limp away as fast as I could before getting caught. lol I got away with it, but I'm not sure it was worth it, it was fun but it sure did hurt. lol

After that experience, I don't think I'll jump on a trampoline in the dark ever again. lol

After getting home my mom took me to the doctors and I was given an air cast, I'm not sure if I had signed up for football before I twisted my ankle or after, but I still played.

 

September

One time before football practice, a bunch of kids tried to "initiate" me onto the team and rip my underwear off, I Complained to the coaches and pretended that they cut my butt crack when they ripped them off.

I didn't have to jog during practice for the next couple days, I pretended that I had a scratch on my butt crack, but I was really feeling physically weak and pathetic. lol I didn't want to deal with guys trying to rip my clothes off in the locker room.

Football practice was brutal. I pulled a muscle in my neck doing pushups with my helmet on, I remember my right arm going numb after I got hit during a game, I felt so physically weak and pathetic, then we would play against teams and these other kids would be like gorillas, I was up against guys that were 100 to 200 pounds heavier than I was. 

I was 150 pounds at that time, playing center for my varsity high school football team and I was a toothpick. it made me feel like this was not the sport for me. lol I always felt stupid inviting family members to my games, The team was terrible, I didn't feel like this was something that I was proud of and wanted to share with other people.

 I don't even think I understood how the game of football was played at that point in time, I was just playing because I wanted to be a part of something, I don't think I cared what I was a part of and I know I don't care about football, I don't even watch it now. I only watch it when there are groups of people around, so I can socialize. Maybe I decided to play because my dad had played football in high school, but he had broken his leg at some point during practice or a game, then never got into any other sports in high school.

I was talking to April and Jen at this time, I remember how painful it was riding my bicycle over to the swings at Greenleaf and trying to pretend that my neck wasn't screaming at me. I loved riding that Huffy White Heat, that bike made me feel so inspired, I don't know if it was the speckled paint or it just reminded me of something futuristic. I even remember that it felt smooth to ride, and anyone ridden different types of Bicycles, will understand what I mean about the quality of a ride.



 

November

I rode my bike over to Tammy's and she was the yard with her family raking leaves.  She had just gotten a haircut and it reminded me of my grandmother, she was upset because she looked thought she looked like a Q-tip, and I had the good sense to tell her that- it didn't look bad. lol I told her that she reminded me of my grandmother, then she said she was going to stick that rake up my ass. What I really meant was that her hair looked like she had gotten a perm, lol I didn't really mean that she looked like a 60 year old woman. lol

We rode our bikes her friends up the street after this, but I don't remember them being very sociable, These were not the dorks and geeks that I was used to hanging around with, these kids were a little rougher around the edges.












 
 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996,
 1997, 1998, 1999, 
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 
2010, 2011, 
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 
2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026 



No comments:

Living in a Society Designed to Fail

  It's maddening living in a world where everything is designed to fail. Companies produce endless junk and most of it is designed not t...