March
Beth and I took Stephen to go see Captain Marvel and he didn't like it and got up and then we walked around the mall. We ended up going to the arcade and playing some games and it was still a great time. I don't blame him for not wanting to watch that movie because it wasn't very good and I'm not even sure why we picked that movie for him in the first place, since he's nonverbal it's his own fault that he doesn't get to pick movies. lol
April 11- Made drone videos for Lou Rock, I really thought that'd help it out
April New York, USS enterprise on a carrier, museums and car show. Beth didn't have the greatest time on this trip to New York because of all The Walking, but I loved it. We got in a disagreement about something at one of the museums, I came over the name I had the the dinosaurs and the big whale hanging from the ceiling but I remember trying to apologize to her and totally sucking it up so that it wouldn't ruin our Trip, consider we still had a three hour ride home once we got to the car, even if she did want to leave.
April Went with Dominic and Beth to New York City to the international car show to the Intrepid Museum and to another museum I forgot the name lol
May 2019 my shoulder and neck are killing me so I go to the drs at New England orthopedic and get and MRI.
May 2019 or June either way I had neck surgery, I remember Beth was so crabby at the doctor and asked the doctor when I would be able to vacuum again on the first appointment that we went after getting the disk replaced in my neck. It was absolutely hilarious and I still can't believe that she was so focused on vacuuming and not on me healing. lol
===
June? I'm not positive about the date, just the event.
Beth and I had made plans to take Stephen to the Zoo, we'd never been and things had been going so well that we want to try something new. I wasn't familiar with the area, but unbeknownst to me, we drove by the area Stephen had been assaulted in 2015.
This trigger Stephen and he started getting all squirrelly in Beth's SUV, so I pulled into an business parking lot, to give him a safer area to release this energy. I didn't laugh, but the situation was kind of funny.
Stephen was acting upset and climbing over the seats, then climbed out and back into the vehicle. At one point his shorts got yanked down and I did my best not to laugh. I told Beth I would handle it and I helped him over the seats and just let him do his thing, while trying to talk to him.
I knew he wasn't going to start talking to me, but I still talked to him like an adult, even though I will never know how much he understood. At one point he gave me the impression he was going to run towards traffic and I wanted to get my point across, this was around the time he was turning 22 and there was paperwork that needed to be signed for him to be placed in the closet. I grabbed him by the shoulders and said something like "no more closet, I give you my word, we're going to talk about things". this caused a total change in his demeanor, it was like he felt ashamed of his behavior, like he was expecting to be punished and sad when he discovered I wasn't going to do anything. I stayed my cheery self and I think he wasn't prepared for that. We skipped the zoo after that and I don't recall what we did the rest of that visit.
We do eventually go to the zoo, but we took a different route and it was a blast.
Not long after that event it comes time to sign the timeout-room/ timeout-closet paperwork, both Beth and I agree, I gave Stephen my word, plus she's always hated the closet and she let me speak on Stephens behalf, which meant a hell no on the closet ever again. I wasn't even sure how that got signed as an option in the first place, since I was always there, i clearly missed it, so thankfully now the closet was no longer going to be a option for punishment,
I don't want to exaggerate, but I'm pretty sure the paperwork expired the day before or the day of one of our visits, not the SUV visit. I only say this since Beth got a phone call from Rich Mancini on our way home, he was threatening to have Stephen shipped to the emergency room if she didn't sign the closet paperwork. Rich claimed Stephen was acting out of control and they needed the closet as a way to calm him. I always say closet, even it it's a room, so that idea can be talked about or debated, I don't think anyone should be stuck in a room or closet, when their IEP says going for a walk and getting exercise is an all around healthier alternative.
This was the same trash Rich tried with the psych meds, which we we able to get Stephen off of.
Anyway, Beth tried to explain how she felt about the closet and how unhealthy it was and unnecessary. Which is super insulting. no one should have to argue why their disabled kids shouldn't be placed in the closet, yet Rich had the nerve to sound like a prick while talking to her and it instantly pissed me off. lol
that's when I chimed in with my big mouth, I said something like Who the fuck do you think you're talking to. Rich sounded shocked and said: I didn't know you were on the line. I said something like: who the fuck cares if I'm on the line, I experienced Stephens behaviors and I was able to talk to him. we're not stick him in the closet and you're not threatening Beth with the emergency room.
Rich knew Stephen has trouble in the emergency room, since his assault. something about it makes him super uncomfortable and you can see the panic in his eyes. And this fucking prick thought he was going to use it as a weapon to get us to cave in and sign that closet paperwork, We ended the call with a hell no, it's not happening.
Magically after that all of the so called "behaviors" that required all the previous closet time magically disappeared,
July ?,
July ?, I'm not positive about the date, just the event.
Beth would stop to visit Stephen on her way home from work when she worked in the area. She switched working to different vendor for Big Y and was relatively close to his school at times, so she made the effort to see him, even though the drives were long.
On one of these random visits, Beth sends me a picture of a large lump on Stephens jaw. She asked staff what happened and they acted clueless, so that got her extra worried. and I agreed it should be checked by a professional.
I always thought it was a bunch of bull-shit that Crystal Springs claimed to notice the issue as the same time that Beth did, so there was no way to tell how long Stephens face had actually been swollen for. Who cares if he bumped into something or kids fought? their job is to document things, not ignore them or pretend nothing happened.
I can't recall the chain of events, but Crystal Springs refused to bring Stephen to the dentist. They made all types of excuses, So I told Beth I'd come to help her, then I drove the close to 2 hours to Fall River and we went to the dentist. We weren't able to get X-rays, Stephen didn't feel comfortable enough to allow then to take them, but the doctor was concerned that something hit Stephen in the face and expressed they were worried since it should have been documented, yet it wasn't.
Beth took a lot of pictures of Stephen, so it was easy to notice changes in his weigh and demeanor.
At one point Stephen lost a cap or chipped a tooth, either way Crystal Springs staff didn't notice, Beth did.
All these types of events caused Beth severe emotional distress and she would talk about it for days.
the staff would never help her, they wouldn't explain anything to her and they would treat her son like he was stupid.
the entire time he was at Crystal Springs their greatest accomplishment that they talked about was getting Stephan to give the thumbs up.
I wonder if other staff felt the same way I did or if they just felt totally defeated.. I hated how stupid some people treated the kids there. It made me sick to see staff petting kids, while sitting on the couch, inside, while it's gorgeous outside.
August
Caught my first fish with my RC boat, a Dace, it was so exciting, I’m lucky it wasn’t a bigger fish. lol
I talked to Tammy's sister again around this time I also started talking to Lou Rock I believe I have texts from Allison in August
Email draft from 8-26-2019 I sent a bunch of emails like this. this organization was terrible.
" I was informed Friday morning that staff at crystal spring wouldn’t be making a social story for Stephen so I prepared for Stephen having a rough visit. I didn’t want to say anything to Beth because I wanted to see if what I was told was true.
September
2019 Beth had allowed me to collect quite a collection of toys while I was having all these surgeries, I also practice making stop motion at this time since it allowed me to work at my own pace
Picture below Harley passed out on the couch on our back porch. September. She’s so lazy. lol For a little puppy that looks "so adorable and snuggly", she is the worst snuggler in the world. lol
October 6th Reptile show New Hampshire, Madame Sherri Forest Stone stair case. This was a rough trip, A lot of the trips with Beth were always rough. She always felt guilty that her son was being left behind and that we are taking my nephew to do all these exciting things. I don’t blame her for being upset but at the same time I need to live my life and I can’t drive four hours to go pick somebody up round-trip so I can go drive to another show. That’s a four hour round-trip and then have to drop somebody else off again And make another four hour trip. This is too much.
October we went to Madame Sherry Forest stone staircase and a reptile show and I remember feeling like such a whiny little baby I felt like such garbage And it was always a pain talking to Beth because she always assumed I was mad at her and I couldn't explain to her that I just didn't feel good
November We've made costumes and went to Comic Con in Rhode Island and got to meet a bunch of stars and that was awesome and I did expand on this.
End of November death helped me hook up one of my GI Joe helicopters to my GoPro drone and I made a video of it flying around the backyard and that was like a childhood dream come true, even though I didn't know about drones at, I always want to fly my toys around in real life and I wish more people wanted to do stuff like this come I thought it was the coolest thing in the world and I still get excited thinking about it
11-8 puppy kisses
November 23 first time hooking toy up to drone.
December 2019 Beth got Stephen an iPad and he he began communicating his ideas more.
Beth bought Stephen an iPad for Christmas and this kid went from sitting around doing nothing to surfing the Internet all the time and listening to music and indicating that he was interested in different items. Christopher Robin movie
https://youtu.be/RQalUiCnu40?si=i3Hi2e7WwlrC-fHS
Medications for the year.























No comments:
Post a Comment